Friday, April 29, 2011

posh-ish frock friday


dress - le bomb shop
bag - modcloth
tights - we love colors
belt - vintage
shoes - target

I wore this yesterday to New York -- On Wednesday night my brother found out that he won tickets to see his favorite singer, Tim McGraw, on the Jimmy Fallon show. He's 16 so he entered the contest using my name, which means I had to tag along to collect the prize. I had a pretty terrible day all in all. I wore my favorite black flats so I'd be comfortable walking around the city, but it was raining so hard that my shoes turned into portable puddles -- they were literally filled with water, making my shoes and tights so soggy it was nauseating. Then once we got in the NBC building, my soles were so slippery that my feet slid out from under me, and I crashed on my knee. *ouch!* I ended up buying replacement shoes & tights at H&M and tossed mine in the trash. I also bought an umbrella, and, as these things tend to go, it didn't rain after that for the rest of the night.

The show itself wasn't my cup of tea. I'm not kidding when I say that I'm terrible at being an audience member. I'm just a socially awkward mess at things like this.. I don't like clapping in unison, or doing anything else in unison for that matter. But Kyle got to see Tim McGraw up close (he was like "omg we were breathing the same air!!!!" He's a big fan.) so I guess that makes up for everything else. Now I just need to find myself a new pair of red tights!

If you participated in posh frock friday this week, you can leave your link below! Don't forget you can also grab a PFF button for your blog, to link back here :)