Thursday, March 8, 2012

You know how to whistle, don't you?



dress - c/o collectif
netted headband - h&m
shoes - c/o blowfish

This dress is a little different from my normal style, but I thought it would be fun to step outside of my comfort zone a bit! When I first put it on my mom was like "peep-toe shoes! you need peep-toe shoes to go with it! Oh! And back-seam stockings!! And victory rolls!" lol... I think she likes playing paper doll as much as I like playing dress up! ;D

I went my own direction, though, and wore a beehive, my favorite wedges and a silly little red netted headband. I've been going back and forth between feeling like I should be hanging out at a seedy jazz club in the city with Humphrey Bogart or bursting into song with Jane Russell on the streets of Paris. It sort of has both a Lauren Bacall and a Marilyn Monroe -circa Gentlemen Prefer Blondes- vibe, right? Either way I absolutely love it, and I think I might branch out a bit and start trying clothes that aren't always inspired by the 60's!