Tuesday, November 10, 2015

take me back



Well, I'm home. I'm usually really glad to be back home after vacation, but this time I've having some pretty intense vacation withdrawal. I just want to be back there so badly!

I went on the TCM Cruise, which stopped in The Cayman Islands and Disney's Castaway Cay in The Bahamas. If you're not familiar with the cruise, it's a Turner Classic Movies themed voyage where they show classic films on board, have interviews with classic film stars (this time they had Eva Marie Saint, Angie Dickinson, Roger Corman, Lou Gossett Jr. and Ruta Lee on board!) and events with the hosts on the network, Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz. To say it was bliss would be the understatement of the year!

I watched 12 movies during the trip, and still had plenty of time leftover for what quickly became my favorite thing to do on the ship - stare at the ocean. It might seem boring but it was mesmerizing and even thinking about it gives me goosebumps! I'm clearly a pretty big movie fan (I wouldn't have been on this trip if I wasn't!) and while *watching* movies is certainly one of my favorite pastimes, there's something to be said for feeling like you're in a movie as well. Standing at the railing overlooking the water, nothing but sea and sky around me, my hair blowing in the wind, was as cinematic a moment as I've ever had. I felt like I was Monica Vitti and I'm not sure much else in life can top that.




dress - vintage | shoes - bait footwear